¾ cup butter, room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar
1½ cups flour
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1½ cups toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Shortbread Crust: Beat butter and sugar together until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in flour. Mixture will be slightly dry. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Filling: In a small saucepan heat sweetened condensed milk and butter together until butter is smooth. Pour over shortbread crust. Bake 12-15 minutes until filling is bubbly and browned. It will almost take on a light caramel appearance. Remove from oven
- Topping: Immediately sprinkle milk chips on top of filling when it comes out of the oven. Place back in oven for 2 minutes until chips are shiny and soft.
- Carefully spread the chips over the filling with an off-set spatula. Sprinkle with toffee bits, pressing into milk chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.