1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup heaping cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- In a large bowl, cream together egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix in until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups. Reserve some peanut butter cups to press on the outside and tops of the cookie dough. Scoop dough into golf-ball-size balls and flatten slightly into thick discs or leave rounded. Press mini peanut butter cups into the tops of the discs. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least two hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dough discs 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake cookies in oven for 8-10 minutes, until edges and top of cookies are set but the centers appear slightly underbaked. Remove sheet from oven and allow cookies to cool for an additional 10 minutes.