Lemon Pasta with Ham recipe except it has added richness (meaning fat) with the whipping cream, half and half and parmesan cheese. If it makes you feel any better, it also has some greenery in the form of basil which my lighter version hadn't. With the added ingredients, it wasn't as lemony as the other recipe but it was more rich so if you like creamy sauces, this is a good twist on an alfredo sauce albeit with a (slightly) lighter emphasis on the cream and more on the lemon. I ended up not needing to use the reserved pasta water but I also didn't use a whole pound of pasta.
4 grilled chicken breast sliced (I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
1 pound angel hair pasta
1/2 stick butter
3 whole lemons, zested
3/4 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup Half & Half
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Reserve one cup water, set pasta aside.
- In same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in juice of 3 lemons and whisk together. Add lemon zest.
- Pour half & half and cream together and whisk until hot. Dump in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt pepper to taste
- Check consistency and add hot pasta water until you reach your desired thickness. Stir in half of your basil.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large bowl. Add chicken, sprinkle remaining basil on top. Serve warm.