Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lemon Chicken Pasta with Basil

Lemon Chicken Pasta with Basil - made February 23, 2014 from Lil' Luna
This was similar to my Lemon Pasta with Ham recipe except it has added richness (meaning fat) with the whipping cream, half and half and parmesan cheese. If it makes you feel any better, it also has some greenery in the form of basil which my lighter version hadn't. With the added ingredients, it wasn't as lemony as the other recipe but it was more rich so if you like creamy sauces, this is a good twist on an alfredo sauce albeit with a (slightly) lighter emphasis on the cream and more on the lemon. I ended up not needing to use the reserved pasta water but I also didn't use a whole pound of pasta.

grilled chicken breast sliced (I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
1 pound angel hair pasta
1/2 stick butter
whole lemons, zested
3/4 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup Half & Half
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
 salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
  1.  Cook pasta as directed on box. Reserve one cup water, set pasta aside. 
  2. In same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in juice of 3 lemons and whisk together. Add lemon zest.
  3. Pour half & half and cream together and whisk until hot. Dump in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt pepper to taste
  4. Check consistency and add hot pasta water until you reach your desired thickness. Stir in half of your basil.
  5. Pour pasta and sauce into a large bowl. Add chicken, sprinkle remaining basil on top. Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pastry Chef,

    This is the second time we contacted you about your blog and this is just a follow up. If this message disturbs you, I apologize. We will make sure that this would be our last message that regards to our project.

    myTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web.

    We MyTaste.com, one of the biggest recipe search engine in United States, Canada and in the world, would like to invite your blog to join our site and make your recipes available to many people.

    If you like it, you can join through this link www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog.

    Have a good day!

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I'm sorry I haven't responded but I'm afraid I haven't had time to look at your site. When I get a chance I will but I work full-time and mostly work on my blog on weekends and some weeknights. I'm almost afraid to get more exposure as I can barely keep up with baking and blogging as it is :).

      Delete