1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips or chunks
3/4 cup M&M baking bits
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment until thoroughly combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients, in three batches, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips or chunks and M&M baking bits. Portion dough into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover, and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space frozen dough balls on baking sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes, turning midway through baking time, or until just golden brown at the edges and middles are no longer shiny or raw. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.