Sunday, June 15, 2014

Crockpot Beer Chicken

Crockpot Beer Chicken - made June 7, 2014 from LaaLoosh
I've discovered it's hard to take an appetizing picture of anything I make in a crockpot. It's always so soupy and I'm not artistically inclined enough to make my food pose and look fabulous. Nope, you're just going to have to see it as I do - chicken swimming in liquidy, watery....water?
Actually that's beer. I'm still working on the 6-pack of Heineken I bought for the Slow Cooker French Dip. This is bottle #3. I truly don't like the taste or smell of beer but fortunately, the alcohol cooked off in the hours the chicken was in the slow cooker. Unfortunately, there seems to be very little flavor in this. Perhaps a dark beer would have imparted more flavor; I don't know. The chicken breasts came out tender which was good but since I didn't want to use the sauce, which is mostly beer, with rice or noodles which is what I normally do with soupy slow cooker dishes, I ended up eating just the chicken. And it was just chicken. Not my finest moment with a crock pot.
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 bottle or can of your favorite beer
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  1. Place all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours until chicken is tender. 
  2. If you want "prettier" chicken, sear the chicken breasts in a frying pan to give them a little more color before placing in slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment