Thursday, March 16, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #32 - Cookie Dough

Crumbl Cookies review #32 - Cookie Dough cookie, visited March 11, 2023
I was going to skip going to Crumbl last week as initially I wasn't interested in any of the flavors. With the exception of the Oreo-based cookies, I find Crumbl's chocolate cookies too rich so I didn't want the Dark Dream. Not a peanut butter fan so pass on the Ultimate Peanut Butter and I'm also not a fan of blueberries in cookies although I like blueberries on their own just fine. I was going to pass on the Cookie Dough but it had such rave reviews, I thought I'd give it a try. 

My own review of it is mixed. I loved the cookie base itself. It's supposed to be served as a chilled cookie but I don't like chilled cookies (most of them have a drier mouthfeel when chilled) so I let it come to room temperature first. Look at that inside texture. That's exactly how I like my cookies. And when Crumbl serves a cookie chilled, it avoids being in the warmer too long and drying out, which is an issue I have with most of the Crumbls in Las Vegas. That's not a problem with chilled cookies since they don't sit in the warmer but are dressed and chilled until they're purchased.
While I loved the cookie base, the frosting didn't do it for me. It's a buttercream frosting that's a cross between the more dense frosting that their cream cheese usually is and the light airy texture of their whipped cream frosting. I prefer a more dense frosting, even if I end up scraping some of it off the cookie. I didn't like this frosting's texture at all; other people raved about it but it's just not my thing. Maybe I would've liked it better chilled but then I wouldn't have liked the cookie as much. 
But I'd get this again and just scrape off the frosting because look at that cookie. The brown sugar flavor was also on point as well as the texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment