Saturday, March 11, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #31 - Tres Leches and Cowboy Cookie

Crumbl review #31: Tres Leches (December 30, 2022) and Cowboy Cookie (January 17, 2023)
Tres Leches cookie

Time to resurrect my Crumbl reviews again, mostly because I want to have something to refer to so I can remember which cookies I've already tried and which ones I liked/didn't like. I haven't gone as consistently as I used to and I only took these pictures but didn't note which other ones were on offer that week that I may have gotten. I either didn't get anything else or I got something I'd already had before and reviewed. In any case, time to start "fresh" with new-to-me cookies.
After pouring the milk mixture over the Tres Leches

First up is the Tres Leches Cookie. I'd heard some hype about this cookie, something about being customer's choice? I can't remember but I got one anyway to try it out since it seemed a little different from their norm. It was different all right but not in a good way, unfortunately. The hallmark of a typical Crumbl cookie that I like so much is they're slightly underbaked so they're moist and fluffy if not too underbaked and a great texture at room temperature because they're "fudgy" and dense.

Edges were dry

Not so with the Tres Leches cookie. The idea is it comes as pictured with a side serving of the milk mixture that you pour over the cookie and let it soak in. Would you believe that even after adding the milk mixture, the cookie was still dry? The middle was okay but the edges were dry as the desert. Ugh. I hate dry cookies. I even let the milk soak in for awhile all the way to the edges and waited in case that made a difference. It didn't. So the Tres Leches was a big fail for me. Other people raved about it so they might've gotten a less overbaked/dry cookie than I did. 

Cowboy Cookies

The Cowboy Cookie was better although not my favorite or even my Top 10. There was just too much going on in it, between the chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. I like coconut which was the cookie's saving grace but I prefer milk chocolate over semisweet (please don't @ me for that, lol) and I don't like nuts in my cookies. Yes, I knew all this when I bought the Cowboy Cookie but I thought I'd try it and give it a chance. I'm glad I did just so now I know - pass on this one next time.
Cowboy Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment