Friday, September 9, 2022

Stamped Cookies #22 - Lemon Shortbread

Stamped Cookies #22: Lemon Shortbread - made August 30, 2022 from Brown Bag Cookie Company
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 cup all-purpose flour
  1. Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and lemon peel, creaming until well combined. Add the flour and mix until combined.
  2. Shape into prepared molds or stamp with cookie stamps, lightly dusted with powdered sugar. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of your mold, or until lightly golden brown at the edges.
Remember the Brown Bag Cookie company? They made large-ish cookie molds where you're supposed to fill it with dough and tap out the molded impressions. I'm not sure if they're still in business as their molds were somewhat expensive, larger than most cookies people-who-are-not-me would eat and it wasn't always easy to tap out the molded cookie intact. Then the rise of silicone molds probably hurt their business as well since silicone molds are easier to take cookie dough out of and are cheaper. I don't really use either as I prefer to use cookie stamps.
Such as this citrus set from Nordic Ware. I bought these months ago when there wasn't a cookie stamp I didn't like. But I haven't used them until now when I *had* to use them with this lemon shortbread recipe. I'm glad I waited as this was an excellent cookie, good texture, pure lemon flavor which comes from the lemon zest so don't skimp on that if you're a lemon lover. It seems fitting to match the citrus flavor of the shortbread with the citrus stamps. Next time I'm going to try these with orange zest.


No comments:

Post a Comment