Saturday, September 24, 2022

"Best Ever" Pancakes

Pancakes - made September 16, 2022 from Grace and Good Eats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. 
  2. Stir milk and egg together in a separate bowl.
  3. Create well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the melted butter and milk mixture into the well. Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until just combined. Do not overmix.
  4. Let the batter rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook each side 3-6 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
I actually made this recipe several years ago but I found it in my draft posts so I don't think I ever posted it.
Which is a shame as they're really, really good. They're as fluffy as they look and, covered in maple syrup, hit the spot if you want a bit of sweet for breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner. I rarely eat solid food in the morning so I almost never have breakfast food at breakfast time. These were my lunch pancakes.

Not sure I'd call them "best ever" but mostly because there haven't been many pancakes I haven't liked. These were good ones. Be sure to let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes if you can so they'll be tender and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment