Saturday, August 28, 2021

Fudgy Brownies from The Bake-Off Flunkie

Fudgy Brownies - made August 9, 2021 from The Bake-Off Flunkie 
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 x 8" baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute, whisk until combined. If a few lumps remain, microwave an additional 15-30 seconds. Whisk to combine until completely melted and smooth.
  3. Add sugar and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add in eggs, one at a time, whisking until each is fully incorporated.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and flour. Add to chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Stir until glossy and combined but do not overmix. Pour into prepared pan.
  5. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting and serving. 
I needed a quick and easy brownie recipe to fill up a Soldiers Angels care package I was sending out and I'm perpetually trying to clear out the recipes I've pinned on my pinterest boards so this was a good way to kill two birds with one stone.
This wasn't cakey but it wasn't as dense as my go-to recipe for fudgy brownies. Which is the one I've usually been making for package after package. I took a break from that one to try out this one but think I should go back to my favorite one. Which I still need to post - coming....someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment