Thursday, September 26, 2019

Ultimate Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ultimate Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - made May 5, 2019 from Your Cup of Cake
I made these cookies awhile back and didn’t blog about them right away so I can’t remember them very well. All I had in my original notes is they were buttery. Which is not surprising since they use brown butter as a key ingredient.

I also must’ve made them for somebody, probably my sister for her to serve at one of her Open Houses, and nearly forgot to take pictures as all I have are these two pictures of the taste test cookie. I feel like I’m not doing them justice in this write up but I’ll blog them anyway so I have some record that I did actually make them. And probably liked them as it’s hard not to like a good chocolate chip cookie, even if I have dozens of them already.

1 cup unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  1. Place butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and melt, stirring constantly, as butter foams. Cook, stirring until brown bits form on the bottom and butter emits nutty aroma. Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
  3. Beat cooled brown butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing briefly after each addition just to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in vanilla extract and milk.
  4. Add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing briefly after each addition just until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough for at least 30 minutes. When dough is chilled enough to handle, portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze another 2-3 hours or overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough balls on prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and middles no longer look raw. Remove from heat, let cool on baking sheets for 2-3 minutes then remove to wire cooling rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment