Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Honey Lime Cilantro Shrimp

Honey Lime Cilantro Shrimp - made August 27, 2019 from Pretty Little Apron 
I'm going to give major props to this recipe. Only a few ingredients, simple to prepare and tastes great. Plus I love the lime-cilantro flavor combination. Oddly, I don't like honey in baking but I seem to prefer it in cooking, especially combined with other flavors like soy sauce or lime and cilantro like this recipe.
I always say I'm not a very good cook and I have a low bar for my own cooking. "Don't give yourself food poisoning" is my mantra and my low bar.
But now that I'm trying to cook a little more, I have to admit I'm enjoying it. I'm (gradually) learning that cooking doesn't have to be a big production, it doesn't have to be gourmet and I can expect a little more from myself than "didn't have to have my stomach pumped".
Granted, it's become much easier now that I work from home and can turn off my computer, take 3 steps into my kitchen and put together something like this in under 10 minutes. Another 5 to do the dishes afterwards as it doesn't make much of a mess either.
Even in my old life where I put in a 12-13 hour day, had an irritating, traffic-laden commute home and would be crabby and tired, this dish would've met my criteria and abilities to put together a quick weeknight meal that also tasted good.
 You'll notice I also added rice. Yeah, my low carbing days are over for now. This dish made it worth it.
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic
2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 teaspoon salt
adobo and cumin to taste
1/4 cup honey
Juice and zest from 1 lime
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  1. In a large skillet, melt butter and add garlic.Saute until cooked and fragrant. 
  2. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt, adobo and cumin to taste. Cook shrimp through until just no longer grey.
  3. Add honey, lime and cilantro. If sauce is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment