Friday, March 1, 2019

Instant Pot Korean Beef

Instant Pot Korean Beef - made February 17, 2019 from I Heart Eating
Another easy beef dinner recipe where you throw ingredients into an Instant Pot, turn it on and come back in 40 minutes. I've done a few of these in the last few weeks and I have to admit, while they all "turned out" (in my parlance, that means I didn't give myself food poisoning with my own cooking), I'm not sure they stand out or would be something I'd serve to someone other than myself.

But I think that could also be due to my not eating any of it with rice, pasta, bread or any other carb that makes life worth living. Which means the sauce from each dish goes to waste since it's not flavoring rice or pasta or being soaked up with crusty bread.
It's got brown sugar so I can't say it's strictly low carb but compared to my previous carb consumption, it's all relative. Good ,easy option for a weeknight dinner. Would be good with rice. I assume.
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup beef broth
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
2-4 tablespoons Gochujang sauce, depending on desired heat (I didn't have any so I omitted it and added sliced onions instead)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3-4 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the roast. 
  2. Place cubed roast into Instant Pot. Pour sauce over cubed meat.
  3. Close the lid and make sure the pressure release valve is turned to "sealing".
  4. Press the Meat program button and adjust the time to 40 minutes.
  5. Once it has finished cooking, allow beef to remain in pot for 25 minutes of natural pressure release.
  6. Carefully release any pressure left at the time by turning the pressure release valve to "venting". Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment