1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1½ cup Mini M&Ms, plus ¼ cup more for garnish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and brown sugar, beating until combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla; continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Mix in vanilla pudding mix, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the flour and beat just until combined. Stir in the M&Ms with a wooden spoon,
- Portion dough into golf-ball-sized balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and space frozen dough balls evenly on each sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are golden and middles no longer look raw. Cook for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet, remove to wire cooling racks and let cool completely.