3/4 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg white
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons oat flour (grind oats finely in a blender then measure out 2 tablespoons)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
1/2 cup M&Ms
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks into the sugar-butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg white with the cream of tartar for several minutes.
- Beat the vanilla extract and then the egg white mixture into the butter-sugar mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda, flour and oat flour. Stir until combined.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space frozen dough balls on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middles no longer look raw. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for several minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks and cool completely.