1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally as butter foams then starts browning. When you can smell the nutty aroma and see the browned particles, it's done. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add vanilla extract and eggs, mixing until combined.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until just combined,
- Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover, and chill or freeze for several hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and evenly space out the frozen dough balls.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown and middles no longer look raw. Let sit on hot cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.