Friday, March 15, 2019

Bulgogi

Bulgogi - made March 5, 2019 from Testing Trendy 123

Okay, this is probably the tastiest beef dish I've made in months. And so easy too. Throw the ingredients in a bowl, let the flank steak marinate for an hour or more then grill or stir fry. I don't have a grill so I went the stir fry route.

At first I was going to bust out the Instant Pot to make sure the beef would be tender but I've had years of enjoying  the marinated flank steak my uncle used to grill at family barbecues and knew I didn't need to tenderize the flank steak. As long as I didn't overcook it.

This turned out beautifully. Not soupy like my other Instant Pot experiments, nicely tender while still pink (not red) inside and it had flavor. Not something I can always claim when I cook stuff. I didn't have any cooking wine but that was the only thing I left out. Next time, I'm not so sure I need all those sesame seeds but the rest of the ingredients were on point to make a tasty, easy stir fry.
1 pound flank steak
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger
dash of black pepper
splash of white cooking wine

  1. Combine marinade ingredients.
  2. Thinly slice the steak and marinate for at least several hours. Grill just a few minutes per side or pan fry. Serve warm.

1 comment: