1 cup plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and warm
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla; mix to combine. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour melted chocolate into mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients in three additions, mixing on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion dough into 1/2 cup dough balls and form each into a thick disc. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space 6 dough balls on each sheet. Bake for 18-24 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.