2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, measured then sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together for 4 minutes (I recommend 1-2 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, mixing just until combined with each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add to butter-sugar mixture in 3 additions, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips. If dough is soft, chill for 30 minutes to firm up before dividing into dough balls.
- Portion dough into golf-ball size dough balls and flatten slightly into thick discs. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange dough discs evenly and bake cookies for 10-14 minutes. Remove to wire cooling racks.