This dish represents the trifecta of using up the chicken drumsticks I got from Costco (yeah, I’ll be eating chicken for awhile), using the minced garlic and paprika I bought from Penzey’s and trying out the recipe I’ve had on my pinboard of easy meals to make.
This literally was easy to make and could be one of those easy weekday meals for busy professionals and/or working family members. You mix the ingredients together, pour over the chicken and bake.
I’m not sure I found this particularly flavorful but it wasn’t bad either. Maybe I’m not that into paprika. I haven’t cooked enough with it to form a strong opinion one way or another. My bar for savory food that I cook myself is much lower than my bar for dessert so I’m not that critical about it. It used up ingredients I had, it made enough for a few meals so I didn’t have to do takeout and I didn’t give myself food poisoning from it. See, told you my bar was low.
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
pinch red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (I used rosemary)
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a shallow baking dish with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Clean and dry the drumsticks; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, parsley and oregano. Cool for about 1 minute over medium heat; do not burn the garlic.
- Pour mixture over the drumsticks and coat each piece thoroughly. Lay in an even layer in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken legs are cooked through.