|It looks burned but it actually isn't|
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Nutella
2 teaspoons powdered sugar, optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Generously grease two 7-ounce ramekins.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in the top half of a double boiler over simmering water. Whisk until melted and smooth,
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk, sugar and salt on high until thickened and pale, 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Whisk the cocoa powder into the melted chocolate then fold mixture into eggs just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly between ramekins. Drop 1 tablespoon Nutella in the center of each ramekin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the sides are firm and the centers are still soft but not juggly.
- Let cakes cool for 1 minute in the ramekins then set a plate face-down on top of each ramekin. While wearing an oven mitt, carefully flip the ramekin and plate over. Let stand for 10 seconds then carefully lift the ramekin.
- Sift a little powdered sugar on top of each cake, garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve warm,