1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag M&M mini baking bits or M&Ms of your choice
- Mix butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until combined. If the dough is crumbly, stir in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it just holds together. The dough should not be sticky.
- Add in M&Ms and stir with wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop out dough and form into golf-ball-size dough balls. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space frozen dough on baking sheets and bake cookie 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and middles are no longer raw. Cool several minutes on baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.