1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
20-24 caramel candies
- Whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and salt and beat until combined. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla; mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and place caramel in center. Add another tablespoon of dough on top of caramel, pinch edges together and roll into a ball or thick disc. Repeat until all remaining dough is gone. Cover and chill or freeze until firm, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, evenly spaced apart and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until barely golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.