1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together for 1 minute until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
- Whisk together baking powder, salt and flour; add gradually to butter-sugar mixture, beating until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Portion dough into 2-inch balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Evenly space dough balls on baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack while preparing glaze.
- For glaze: whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over tea cakes. Allow glaze to set before eating.