3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups milk
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy, 1-2 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix briefly.
- Add milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract and beat to combine, 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners, dividing evenly. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers come out clean. Cool completely.
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
- Whisk powdered sugar, cocoa and salt together.
- Beat butter until softened and creamy. Alternately add the dry ingredients and milk. Add vanilla. Beat until creamy. Add additional milk or powdered sugar as needed until desired consistency is achieved.