2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1 8-ounce bag toffee bits
1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
1/2 cup to 1 cup caramel (you can make your own or use storebought)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and generously spray a 12" nonstick Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy then add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternating with milk between each third. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans then spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean, 85-90 minutes (check it at 45-50 minutes). If your cake is browning too quickly, lightly cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen from pan with flexible spatula and invert onto wire cooling rack. Let cool completely before spooning caramel over cake.