3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk
Crumb Filling and Topping
1 cup cold butter, cubed
2 cups light brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk, depending on desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until they become liquified.
- Mix in softened butter until combined then stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in milk and flour until combined.
- Crumb Filling and Topping: Combine cold butter, brown sugar and flour together with a fork or pastry cutter or two knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and top with 1/3 of the crumb mixture. Cover the filling with the remaining batter and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- For optional glaze: whisk powdered sugar and milk together until smooth. Drizzle on top of crumb cake.