Thursday, March 29, 2012

Best Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles - made March 23, 2012 from Dessert Now, Dinner Later


I'm always on the lookout for a good snickerdoodle recipe.  My normal ideal cookie is thick with crisp edges, chewy middles, and great flavor.  Most really delicious-tasting snickerdoodles spread thin.  The ones that stay thicker are more cakey yet sometimes lack flavor from too much flour and not enough butter.  But if I had to choose, I would pick flavor over cookie thickness any day.  Snickerdoodles are also tricky because it's very easy to overbake them and then they'll not only be flat but dry.  So I'm a bit of an oven nazi, ready to pounce on the cookies to take them out when they're just barely past the "not doughy-raw" stage and before they're fully baked.  Remember, cookies will continue to bake on the hot cookie sheet even after you take them out of the oven.  This recipe, from Dessert First, Dinner Later (great name) makes a a very tasty snickerdoodle.  It was really good and although it still spread, the edges were crisp, the middles were chewy and the flavor was perfect.  Please click on the recipe title above to take you to the original blog I got the recipe from.


I made these cookies for dinner with my cousin and her non-chocolate-eating son whose moniker is Vanilla King because vanilla is his favorite flavor.  The cookies were a hit, judging by the 3 he ate after dinner.  Good thing I packed enough in the goodie bag for his parents too :).


Cast Party Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Hubby's favorite cookie is a snickerdoodle. I'll have to check this recipe out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete