Friday, January 27, 2023

White Chocolate Oreo Cookies from The Recipe Critic

White Chocolate Oreo Cookies - made dough January 5, 2023 from The Recipe Critic
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
14 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
2 cups white chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
  4. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, mixing on low speed until combined.
  5. Add dry ingredients in two additions, mixing on low speed, just combined combined. Fold in crushes Oreos and chocolate chips.
  6. Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes until edges are set and middles no longer look raw.
I'm still working through my pinterest recipes as well as the Costco pack of Oreo sleeves so this was a logical choice of cookie recipe to try out.

I like the concept of cookies and cream cookies more than the actual cookie itself. You'd think being an Oreo fan that I would like cookies and cream more but it turns out that I like Oreos so much that I prefer them in their original form.
Still, these weren't about me, me, me so I tried them out for care packages and they were good. The cookie was crisp at the edges, chewy in the middle and the random placement of Oreo chunks also insured some crunch in almost every bite of the cookie while the white chocolate added some sweetness.



No comments:

Post a Comment