Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Bakery Review: Brooklyn Cupcakes

Brooklyn Cupcakes - ordered August 20, 2021 from Goldbelly
Besides doing my own baking, I'm still dedicated to trying out small business bakeries. Since I'm not traveling at the moment and can't visit them in person, the site Goldbelly.com has been a great way to do my virtual bakery travels.

It can be a bit pricey though so I'm always glad when there's a sale. In this case, Goldbelly was offering 20% off at one point and Brooklyn Cupcakes had free shipping. So I tried not to calculate how expensive each jar still was and instead egged myself on with "support small business". That usually does the trick and let's face it, it doesn't take much for me to click on the "order" button. 

Brooklyn Cupcake offers a variety of flavors of basically cake-and-custard in a jar. I'm not a big custard person but thought I'd try it. I went with the Samoa flavor. From their website, it's described as "chocolate cake topped with signature coconut cream cheese frosting layered with coconut custard (Flan) and caramel drizzle topped with toasted coconut."
You can see from the pictures that the 6 jars arrived well-packaged and, even shipped in the warm temps of summer, also arrived fresh and intact. I put them in the refrigerator and had one every day or two. Even after a week in the fridge, each jar was still "fresh" and the cake part wasn't dry.
Surprisingly, it wasn't too sweet either (although remember that my sweet tooth has a high tolerance) and I have to admit, the custard, cake and frosting combination worked really well. Thumbs up for Brooklyn Cupcakes. Now I have my beady eye on trying out some of the other flavors, in case there's another sale.
If you don't want to wait for a sale, you're welcome to use my referral link on Goldbelly. You get $15 off your first order of $50 or more. (Full disclosure, I get $15 off too. I am not affiliated with Goldbelly or Brooklyn Cupcakes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment