Sunday, June 20, 2021

Ferrero Rocher Nutella Crunch Brownies

Ferrero Rocher Nutella Crunch Brownies - made June 19, 2021

I got the idea for these brownies from Queenslee Appetit. She not only had some of the best brownie pictures I've ever seen with clean cuts and lick-my-screen brownies stuffed with Ferrero Rocher but also the brilliant idea of stuffing brownies with Ferrero Rocher
Not that the concept is new but for some reason, I rarely think of it. Probably because, as a general rule, I don't buy Ferrero Rochers and don't have them as a pantry staple because I would eat them. That may sound non-logical but trust me, my waistband finds it perfectly rational.
But I was inspired by her pictures to load up on one of my favorite chocolates so I could make these brownies. I used her brownie recipe but rather than topping with the fudge layer in her original recipe, I went with my standby of Nutella Crunch topping.


I also upped the ante by adding chopped toasted hazelnuts to the topping to pair with the whole hazelnuts centered within each Ferrero Rocher.

You can use your favorite brownie recipe for the base layer but bake in a slightly bigger pan because the nutella crunch layer may make the brownies too thick otherwise. Not usually a bad problem to have but I assume you want to be able to bite into these. So if you have a recipe for an 8 x 8 pan of brownies, bake them in a 9 x 9 pan instead and bake for a shorter time since the brownies will be thinner and not take as long.

The Nutella Crunch layer? To die for. Not to mention a good way to use up any leftover Rice Krispies in the box if you didn't use them all up for making Rice Krispie treats. You're welcome.

Your favorite brownie recipe or try the one from Queenslee Appetit (make the brownie layer only).

For the Nutella Crunch layer:
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup Nutella
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2-3 cups Rice Krispies (adjust amount based on however much you need to coat each crispy rice cereal)
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted, reserve a handful for garnish
  1. Once the brownies have come out of the oven, prepare the topping.
  2. In the top half of a double boiler set over hot water, combine butter, Nutella and chocolate chips. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
  3. Add crispy rice cereal and stir to coat completely. Add hazelnuts. Spread topping in an even layer over warm brownies. Smooth top and sprinkle with additional chopped hazelnuts if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment