Thursday, December 19, 2019

Mongolian Beef Udon

Mongolian Beef Udon - made November 29, 2019 from Seasons and Suppers
This is a similar recipe to the Beef Teriyaki Noodles that I posted earlier in that it's easy to make and it's delicious. If you notice there aren't any green onions in the pictures but it's in the recipe, yep, you guessed it, I was out of green onions when I made this. But hey, I found the jar of sesame seeds in my pantry so...progress.
You'll also likely notice that I tend to eat the same things in the same time period. What can I say, I'm a Costco shopper and any package of beef is guaranteed to feed me for multiple meals. So it's a good time to clear out my pinterest board and make some easy dishes. Plus, hello, udon noodles, my fave.
This was delicious and definitely a good winter comfort food. It's going on the roster for that dinner party I'm unlikely to ever give.
1 pound beef
1 cup green onion
14 ounces udon noodles
2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Marinade
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Sliced green onions, for garnish
sesame seeds, for garnish
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add beef to marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Whisk together sauce ingredients and set side.
  3. Heat the 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add the beef strips and cook, stirring until beef is cooked through. Add the green onion and cook, stirring, until the green onion softens and browns slightly. Add the sauce and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the udon noodles and stir gently to loosen the noodles, then cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and noodles are warmed through,
  4. Garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment