Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops

Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops - made May 16, 2019 from Lemon Blossoms
This turned out pretty tasty. My biggest problem is I inadvertently baked it for too long. The original blog post from Lemon Blossoms warned against that and I took it to heart but apparently not well enough. I checked it after 20 minutes but my pork chops were so thick and looked raw on top so I left them in for - wait for it - another 40 minutes. Oops.

I probably should've realized what I thought was "raw" looks was really the color of the rub melting into liquid. Sigh. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not much of a cook. However, this was so easy to make and next time I buy thick cut boneless pork chops, I'm trying it again as the rub melted into a tasty sauce and there was a slight "crust" that was crisp on parts of the pork chops.

Dry Rub
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
2 tablespoons olive oil

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  2. In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients.
  3. Rub the pork chops with olive oil and season them all over with the dry rub. Place on prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 to 145 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment