Monday, May 13, 2019

Steak Marinade

Steak Marinade - made April 23, 2019 from Hip Foodie Mom
I finally bought some lemons so I could try one of the steak marinade recipes I'd pinned on Pinterest. And now that I've figured out how to cook flank steak without it becoming rubbery, it's my go-to meat of choice.


I also bought a garlic bulb since I ran out of the jarred garlic from Penzey's so I used fresh garlic this time. Truth to be told, I might've been a little too heavy-handed with the garlic. This marinade was pretty flavorful and had a nice bite with both the garlic and the lemon juice. No blandness here.

But still, it was a good marinade and easy to throw together. Even easier to cook. I would definitely make this again.

1/3 cup soy sauce
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons dried basil
1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
  1. Place meat into a large ziploc bag. Using a bowl, pour in all of the ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
  2. Pour marinade into ziploc bag, directly over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 to 8 hours. Grill meat and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment