1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup cornmeal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, vanilla and melted butter; whisk to combine.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until fully combined but do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.