|Make the dough balls then press the M&Ms on the outside of each ball|
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup red and blue sprinkles
3/4 cup 4th of July M&Ms, reserve a handful for garnish
- Cream butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until smooth. Add pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Mix in flour, then stir in sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Scoop cookie dough into golf-size balls. Press M&Ms randomly on outside dome of dough balls. Cover and chill or freeze for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats. Place chilled cookie dough balls 2” apart on cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.