Thursday, June 11, 2015

Restaurant Review: Mayflower (dim sum)

Mayflower Seafood Restaurant - lunch on May 19, 2015

Just a quick write up on this one and I’ll let the (badly lit) pictures speak for themselves since I’ve written up dim sum restaurants before and while this was good, it was “normal” in that it didn’t particularly stand out. It was just good dim sum.
Sticky Rice wrapped in banana leaves
Fried Shrimp dumplings
One of my nieces graduated last month and my cousin Ellen attended the graduation ceremony with us and was nice enough to give me and my parents a ride back home as my sister was making the 4-hour drive back to her house directly afterwards. It was a Tuesday so we figured it would be a good time to go to Mayflower for dim sum.
Har Gow
My parents and I had tried going to Mayflower on a Sunday after church but it was ridiculously crowded with people overflowing outside of the restaurant. Ridiculous. It was much better on a weekday and we were able to get a table right away.
Siu Mai
Steamed Pork Buns
There were only 2 dim sum carts making the rounds but they did have several waitresses going to each table with a different tray of dim sum. Fortunately, all of our typical favorites were available: pork buns, siu mai, har gow and sticky rice. The dim sum was good so Mayflower is a good option. I don’t think it was so good that I would wait in line to get seated on a crowded weekend day but for walk in with immediate service, it was great.
Tofu-wrapped....something

No comments:

Post a Comment