Thursday, August 7, 2014

Triple Vanilla Brownies

Triple Vanilla Brownies - made July 26, 2014 from Classy Cutter
I liked the picture of these on Classy Clutter as I thought the texture was exactly as I like my non-chocolate bar cookies: moist, soft and fudgy. I thought these would be the vanilla version of a good chocolate fudge brownie.
Sadly though, I think I baked these a minute longer than I should have. They weren't dry but they weren't as moist as I could've hoped. I also naively thought from the title that they would be vanilla brownies rather than white chocolate. Why I thought that I can't tell you when, from the ingredients list, it's obvious these are actually white chocolate brownies instead of vanilla brownies. I mean, hello, there are 12 ounces of white chocolate in the base. I guess I thought somehow the white chocolate taste would bake out. Wrong.
If you like white chocolate, these are a good "brownie". I myself am not a big fan of white chocolate except as an accent flavor or as white chocolate chunks in a fudge cookie or a macadamia cookie so I wasn't as thrilled. The white chocolate flavor is just too pronounced for me.
1/2 cup butter
1 (12ounce) bag white chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs

Glaze

3 cups powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tablespoons milk 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 baking dish with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a large pot, melt the butter and white chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently, just until it’s melted. (The mixture will appear slightly curdled.) Remove from the heat and cool. Do not overheat or butter and white chocolate will not blend.
  3. Stir in the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs until well blended. Spread mixture evenly in the pan.
  4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool. 
  5. For the glaze: In a medium bowl, mix all the glaze ingredients until nice and smooth & spreadable. You can add more milk a tablespoon at a time if needed. Spread glaze over cooled brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment