Oatmeal Chocolate Chips - made dough July 19, 2013 from Rosie’s Chocolate-Packed, Jam-Filled, Butter-Rich,No-Holds-Barred Cookie Book by Judy Rosenberg
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups (2 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 ¼ cups quick oats
8 ounces (1 ¼ cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift both flours, baking soda and salt together into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream the butter, both sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy, 1 ½ minutes. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula to keep mixture even-textured as needed.
- Add 1 egg and beat at medium speed for 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl and add the second egg and milk. Beat on medium speed until blended, 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until almost blended.
- Add the oats and blend on medium speed for 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl and add the chocolate chips; blend on low speed for 10 to 15 seconds until incorporated.
- Drop the cookies by generously rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the edges are golden and the centers are lighter in color and just set, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool them on the baking sheets.