Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nutella Banana Bread

Nutella Banana Bread - made April 8, 2011 from Baking Junkie's blog


Yes, I'm still going through the Costco-size nutella 2-pack in my pantry.  I'm actually almost done with the second jar so my nutella experiments are drawing to an end.  Until I make the next Costco run anyway.

This is yet another recipe that I saw from Sweets for a Saturday #1 (hopefully you're seeing the pattern now when I come across recipes that intrigue me that aren't necessarily from one of my cookbooks).  I already have a great banana bread recipe that I like and that has stood the test of time for years.  Like Baking Junkie, at first I thought I might try just swirling nutella through my original banana bread recipe.  But I decided I might as well go all the way and try this Nutella Banana Bread recipe as is.


The batter was easy to put together and mixing a cup of the batter with the melted nutella smelled really good.  I baked this in 4 mini loaf pans rather than 1 big loaf pan, mostly so I could give the small loaves away.  I didn't try too hard to swirl the batters together since I like the distinctiveness between the two.

This was pretty good, especially if you like banana and chocolate flavors combined together.  I've discovered I'm a bit more of a purist so when I'm in the mood for banana bread, I think I just want banana bread as is.  However, I do think I want to try adding nutella to my banana bread recipe and see how I like it.  My recipe makes a slightly more cakey, rather than "quick bread-y" banana bread and is a little sweeter than this so I'd be curious to see how the nutella pairs with it.

5 comments:

  1. oh i have to try this, my husband loves both so to combine them would likely be heaven on earth for him ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made several banana bread recipes and I always come back on this page for this one. Great recipe! Good way to use up old bananas! I also want to share this recipe: tiramisu vidéo, its very easy to prepare. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the recipe and thanks for sharing the link. I haven't made tiramisu since culinary school - will definitely take a look, thanks.

      Delete