1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, almond butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beat until just combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture in two batches, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the coconut.
- Portion dough into golf-ball size dough balls. Cover, chill or freeze several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space frozen cookie dough balls on baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden and middles no longer look raw or shiny. Do not overbake.
- Let cool on baking sheet for several minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely.