Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014 - get the leftover candy ready

Happy Halloween! I've paid almost no attention to Halloween fast approaching (and now here) this year. It's not really my holiday and I've been busy so October 31 just crept up on me. I don't get many kids trick or treating in my neighborhood so I didn't even really stock up on candy this year. In prior years, I would buy a few bags and end up using them to bake with. Typical Halloween candy has no appeal for me and doesn't tempt me to eat as is. That would be my inner candy snob rearing its haughty head. But I don't mind if they're baked in something. So I thought I would curate some past recipes in case you wake up tomorrow with leftover candy or you want to raid your kids' Halloween haul, especially if you have an overabundance of Snickers, peanut butter cups, Midnight Milky Ways, M&Ms, Rolos, etc.


If you want to stick to your own recipes, it's still easy to use up Halloween candy. Chocolate bars can be easy add-ins to brownies and some cookies. If you have peanut butter cups, cut them up and stick them on top of peanut butter cookies. Almond Joys and Mounds can be cut up and added to Magic Cookie bar recipes. Sugar cookie dough wraps easily around Rolos. Snickers, Milky Ways, 3 Musketeers and the like are easily folded into brownie batters and/or sprinkled on top during the last few minutes of baking. Get creative and bake away.










No comments:

Post a Comment