Fairy Cakes, I've been wanting to recreate something similar. Surprisingly, there weren't that many recipes for cookie butter cupcakes on pinterest. But I did find this one that used cookie butter as a filling and Biscoff cookies as a garnish.
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a large pinch of salt
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
12 speculoos cookies broken in half
3/4 cup cookie butter
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/4 cup cookie butter
1-2 cups powdered sugar
splash of milk
Speculoos cookies for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cupcake pans with liners and place half a cookie into each one, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, mix in vanilla. Add cookie butter.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down the bowl- don't over mix the batter.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Use a paring knife to core a small little but out of each cupcake and fill with a small dollop of cookie butter.
- Cream together the butter and cookie butter. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until thick. Add a small splash of milk and mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- Spread or pipe onto the cooled and filled cupcakes and top with speculoos cookies if desired.