Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Cookies & Cream Oreo Blondies

We take a slight break from the cookie stamping posts to bring you this recipe for Cookies & Cream Oreo Blondies, the first of two recipes I tried because I wanted to mix up the bar cookies I was sending in military care packages.
As I'm sure I've mentioned before, as snobby as I am about homemade cookies and turning up my nose at storebought cookies, I will freely admit Oreos are one of the exceptions to my snobbery. I love Oreos. I rarely buy them because I would eat them. Not one or two. Maybe 5. At a time. Hence why I don't buy them very often.
When I do buy them, it's to bake with them. Because I can try out a new recipe and eat one (or 5) while I'm chopping them up to put in the batter. Win-win. This was a good bar cookie and should ship well. At least I hope so as by the time I post this, they would've already been packaged up and mailed. And hopefully received. 
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3.4-ounce box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
16 Oreos, broken into pieces
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla; mix to combine. 
  4. Add dry pudding mix and mix until combined.
  5. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate and Oreo pieces.
  6. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until center is set and toothpick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs, not raw batter. Cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment