1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
heaping 3/4 cup of creamy or crunchy peanut butter (not natural peanut butter)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the egg, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Mix on medium-high speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt; mix on low speed until just combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion into golf-ball size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space chilled or frozen dough balls on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until edges have set and middles are no longer raw. Do not overbake. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.