"Best Ever" Peanut Butter Cookies and Big, Bakery-Style Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies.
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 granulated sugar, for rolling
- Cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add sugars and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Add vanilla.
- Whisk together baking soda, salt and flour. Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing after each addition until just combined; do not overbeat.
- Form into golf-ball size dough balls and flatten slightly into thick discs. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll frozen dough discs in granulated sugar and evenly space on baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and middles are no longer shiny or raw. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.