Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Disneyland's Peanut Butter Cookies

Disneyland's Peanut Butter Cookies - made dough October 8, 2016 from Six Sisters' Stuff
I had pinned this recipe during my phase of hunting up peanut butter cookie recipes after my nieces asked for some but I didn't have any peanut butter at the time. Then once I bought the Costco-sized jar - because, really, what else would I buy when I don't even eat the stuff (insert cognitive dissonance here)?
But when I have a lot of peanut butter, I have to search out a lot of recipes that use peanut butter. I had already tested and really liked these "Best Ever" Peanut Butter Cookies and Big, Bakery-Style Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies.
My search at the time also yielded these Disneyland Peanut Butter Cookies from Six Sisters' Stuff. I've never had the peanut butter cookies at Disneyland because, well, hello, cookie snob here rarely buys cookies when I can bake them myself. So I don't know how they compare to the real thing.
But, still, it's a pretty good cookie. It's not as fragile as the other two I really like and is a bit more of a typical peanut butter cookie as opposed to "baked peanut butter fudge" which is why I like the other two recipes so much. But for the peanut butter cookie purist, this is a good option.
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 granulated sugar, for rolling
  1. Cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add sugars and beat until combined.
  2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Add vanilla.
  3. Whisk together baking soda, salt and flour. Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing after each addition until just combined; do not overbeat.
  4. Form into golf-ball size dough balls and flatten slightly into thick discs. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  6. Roll frozen dough discs in granulated sugar and evenly space on baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and middles are no longer shiny or raw. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment