2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Pernigotti, sift it lumpy)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9" baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until combined, then add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to batter and stir until glossy and combined with no floury streaks. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- While brownie is still warm, spread Nutella and smooth over top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and toffee bits. Cool completely before cutting and serving.