Triple Chocolate Brownies and you know how well I thought those had turned out.
3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
4 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) 60% cacaro bittersweet chocolate chips
6 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups (10.5 ounces) granulated sugar
1 1/2 packed cups (12 ounces) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (6.8 ounces) bleached all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips, your choice
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate chips in the top half of a double boiler set over hot water. Whisk until smooth and completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt; whisk until just combined. Add melted butter-chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Whisk in vanilla.
- Add baking powder and flour and stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a small metal spatula.
- Sprinkle top evenly with peanut butter cups, butterscotch (or peanut butter) chips and semisweet chocolate chips. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Transfer pan to cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting and serving.