Saturday, February 28, 2015

Restaurant Review: Bobbi's Cafe

Bobbi's Cafe - breakfast on February 16, 2015
I love breakfast food. Sometimes I even have it for breakfast. As was the case here when I met my cousin, her husband and their son for breakfast at Bobbie’s CafĂ©. I’d been to Bobbie’s before but not in awhile so it seemed like a good time to revisit. We showed up at 9 am and had to wait a few minutes for a table to free up. Bobbie’s isn’t very big and is old-school diner all the way, down to the menu, which is why I suggested we go there.

Besides an assortment of scrambles and omelets to choose from, they also offer the standard breakfast fare of pancakes, French toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage and so on. You can order almost any combo of the above or put together your own a la carte. What I like about Bobbie’s is they’re one of the few places that offer waffles along with eggs and another protein as a standard menu option. Most places only offer waffles by themselves and you have to get the proteins as an extra side order. Bobbie’s knows where it’s at by treating the waffle as equally as pancakes and French toast where it’s a standard offering to get it with eggs and sausage. Score.
I waffled – haha – a bit, almost succumbing to the lure of country fried steak and eggs to go all the way old-school diner. But I ended up getting a waffle with scrambled eggs and sausage, simply because I could. It turned out to be a good choice as the waffle was as a waffle should be – crisp on the outside, tender on the inside and just the right amount of flavor and sweetness to complement the maple syrup. I opted away from the butter ball that came with it. I’ve never seen the point of mixing syrup and butter together. Extra calories for muddying up two flavors together when I prefer each of them separately doesn’t make sense.
Price points at Bobbie’s are fairly reasonable, in the $10 range. It isn’t fancy but it’s good, straightforward, no-frills food.

No comments:

Post a Comment