Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

Cilantro Lime Shrimp - made October 17, 2012 from Skinny Taste

This is a very, very simple recipe.  So simple, you almost don't even need a recipe for it.  For once I had all the ingredients although I didn't use them in quite the same quantities.  You know I had to go off the beaten path somehow.  But I had to use up the cilantro I'd bought earlier for another recipe and I had a pack of limes as well that I had bought for a recipe I now can't find and don't remember.  Plus the last remaining cloves from the bulb of garlic I'd bought.  Wow, that almost never happens that I have all the ingredients on hand.  I did skimp on the olive oil though so my shrimp came out looking a little dry.  But it was still good.  I would advise playing with the amounts of ingredients you use and make it to your taste.  I like the lime-cilantro combination but I don't think I used enough lime juice so I ended up with more cilantro flavor.

2 tsp olive oil
2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper
  1. Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp. 
  2. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. 
  3. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment